20 Inspirational Divorce Quotes
A divorce can feel like the ultimate assault to the person you thought you were and leave you to deal with a blow to all your capabilities, loss of innocence, willingness or ability to trust anyone and specially the harsh reality of being flung back into a world that seems more painful and perplexing than you have ever known it to be.
As Stephen R. Covey said, ‘If the ladder is not leaning against the right wall, every step we take just gets us to the wrong place faster’. If you have decided to get off that ladder and look out for the right wall to lean it against, the below inspirational and sometimes witty divorce quotes from some of the wisest people of our times, will help you take a step in the right direction.
1. To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you. – Lewis B. Smedes
2. Divorce isn’t such a tragedy. A tragedy’s staying in an unhappy marriage, teaching your children the wrong things about love. Nobody ever died of divorce. – Jennifer Weiner, Fly Away Home
3. Within you right now is the power to do things you never dreamed possible. This power becomes available to you just as soon as you can change your beliefs. - Dr. Maxwell Maltz
4. You can only see one thing clearly, and that is your goal. Form a mental vision of that, and cling to it through thick and thin. – Kathleen Norris
5. Your vision becomes clear when you look inside your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. – Carl Jung
6. What happens is not as important as how you react to what happens. – Thaddeus Golas
7. If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him…We need not wait to see what others do. – Mahatma Gandhi
8. Now there are many, many people in the world, but relatively few with whom we interact, and even fewer who cause us problems. So when you come across such a chance for practicing patience and tolerance, you should treat it with gratitude. It is rare. Just as having unexpectedly found a treasure in your own house, you should be happy and grateful toward your enemy for providing you that precious opportunity. Because if you are ever to be successful in your practice of patience and tolerance, which are critical factors in counteracting negative emotions, it is due to your own efforts and also the opportunity provided by your enemy. – Dalai Lama
9. Don’t fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have. – Louis E. Boone
10. I can be changed by what happens to me, I refuse to be reduced by it. – Maya Angelou
11. The path of least resistance just makes the road longer. Sometimes you have to head straight on into the pain to come out the other side.
12. One day, someone will walk into your life and make you see why it never worked out with anyone else.
13. Giving up doesn’t always mean you are weak; sometimes it means you are strong enough to let go.
14. Sometimes we need to forget some people from our past because of one simple reason; they just don’t belong in our future.
15. Everything is okay in the end. If it is not okay then it is not the end.
16. Sometimes all you have to do is forget what you feel and remember what you deserve.
17. The more anger your carry towards your past, the less capable you are of loving in the present.
18. You cannot live a positive life with a negative mind.
19. If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.
20. God has perfect timing; never early and never late and it takes a lot of patience and a little faith.
Don’t let what your past has stolen for you decide your way ahead. Sometimes your search for answers may lead you nowhere and you will then have to believe that sometimes good things fall apart so that better things can fall together. Life just becomes easier to deal with when you finally learn to accept an apology you never really got. So stay strong, move on, there are better things waiting for you. People can walk with you but no one can walk your road for you!